tomatoesandradiowires Guest

Default Random knowledge

Everyone has a random bank of knowledge somewhere in their memory, so, what odd tidbits of information from the fasinating to the useless do all you wonderful e6ers know?

I'll start things off.

single celled plant-like protists are responsible for about 50% of the oxygen found in earth's atmosphere. thanks algae!

The word "damn" is found 245 salinger's "catcher inthe rye"

Butterflys and cockroaches both have unusually shaped chromosomes that radiation has a hard time shattering, and cockroaches have a second set of teeth in their digestive track, in case they don't chew enough the first time.

birdman Guest

wow...being eaten by a giant cockroach would suck.

if you were still alive after the first chew. i would know...

atrocities Guest

the ring pull on cans of coke etc, is designed the way it is so that in summer, after opening the can, you twist the ring pull back around over the opening of the can so that mosquitoes and fleas don't get into your can, but because it isn't solid metal, you can still drink through it.

oh and roughly 20,000 birds die a year from running into windows, in australia.

Water seeks it's own level.

You can start a fire with steel wool and a charged 9 volt battery as the ignition source.

In pigments, any primary color has a complimentary secondary color in the opposite primaries mixed. For example: green is blue and yellow mixed....it compliments red.

More to come......when they surface to the recognition part of my brain......

Peeling of the feet can be a sign of strep throat in its late stages.

Originally posted by atrocities
    the ring pull on cans of coke etc, is designed the way it is so that in summer, after opening the can, you twist the ring pull back around over the opening of the can so that mosquitoes and fleas don't get into your can, but because it isn't solid metal, you can still drink through it.

oh and roughly 20,000 birds die a year from running into windows, in australia.

wait...but the ring pull still has a fair sized hole in the middle..how is this keeping anything out of my delicious, delicious coke?