Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: recipe

Gary filled his trousers with geese and other essentials needed to properly transition himself from Juice to Pluto without losing face between the Penguin Lift Society and his mother's poor old dog who was last seen humping a TV dinner just outside Cosmic Frank's umbrella shop which was the last place you would want to be when you're lonely and bruised. Filtering Jamaican lunch combos before the return of Davis should be handled with the utmost sincerity and humility, this following the Great Surprise that left Wilton scrambling for a # 2 combo, nearly dying hungry and with a relentless hankering for Caribbean treats. Milon took a hipshot from an enormous German woman known to many as Gerbling Gertrude Princess of The Roast, as he hobbled neatly between the city streets and the darting rats who for all good intent were causing traffic by way of Wizard of Oz sketches performed in Arabic Dance at each street crossing, preventing the vexed pedestrians from any reasonable action of commuting. The city stood still as the rats began to take their performance in ways that would be considered French if we did not hate the French so much, subsequently redirecting our perception process to thoughts of rolling tangerines curling between Volkswagen imbeciles dressed with oatmeal pants and Coca Cola decisions. Cadillac enthusiasts were appropriately lined with smart business attire with a money back guarantee that suggested that as good as things may appear, there was certainly a good chance that lunch would not be served. Onlookers responded with Led Zeppelin frowns that peeled back the valves of lantern sheep who patiently stood inline for the best Lethargy Units sold crucially to the warm virus containers that sat quietly on the cupboard shelves of Lewis Cartwright, lead investigator on the Johnson Vs Robert Plant committee. A Nuclear Pink Lung Bravado Chorus Amplifier blocked out the cries of screaming cats who mourned the rebirth of interplanetary space camps for Feline Absurdity. Please hold your pants above your head and say hello, because Jesus is before thee, and he hates mealy tomatoes on his sandwiches.

Ain't that the nature of weed though? It makes your mind draw parallels between things that are otherwise unrelated. So, theoretically, you could do anything whilst smoking weed and have fun. And completely ignore reality . . . That ain't healthy.

birdman Guest

but isnt that also the nature of life. drawing parallels between things that we think are related but really arent. for really what is reality? and more so, do we just f**k it up by stating that there is a reality in the first place?

[Edited on 3-24-2005 by birdman]

Tuff Ghost Guest

no.

birdman Guest

no is not the appropriate way to start a discussion. try harder. there are so many better words that you could use in this situation.

Um, isn't this a little vague? How can you say there's no such thing as reality? If you're talking about how our perception of reality varies and that there is no objective experience, then that's philosophical bullsh*t. Life is real, our bodies are real, pain is real, joy is real, and trying to investigate so-called 'parallel universes' is just a mind game and petty escapism. It takes a subtle human being to experience life as it truly is.

Yeah, weed is fun. I've smoked plenty in my time, but ultimately all drug use is escapism. And what are we escaping? The fact that life is, on the whole, pretty dull. That doesn't mean there aren't wonderful things too, but if you mediate your contact with reality with drugs all the time you numb your sensitivity to what's right in front of your face.

Anyone else get what I'm saying? I'm wary of sounding like a total square here...

Originally posted by Harnk
    BORN ON SEEEEEEAWEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!!!!!!

birdman Guest

what i am trying to portray is not that reality does not exist. for as you clearly demonstrate, you are real, i am real. its the whole "i think there fore i am." but through the notion of "real events" i think we lead ourselves astray. by giving events a described value, we rob the event of its true worth, its actual sensation. we state that this is pain, this is happiness, this is real, and by doing so, only destroy the actual pain, the actual happiness, the actual reality. for example, take the notion of happiness. we state we are trying to achieve happiness. meaning, we are trying to get to this frame of mind, this point where we are happy. in doing so, we only end up doing the opposite, shrinking the ability to actually achieve happiness. we close the perspective that was once present to the self. imagine standing in an orchid of trees and only staring at one. around you are thousands of apples, but by creating the notion of happiness, of anything, you limit your self to the apples in only one tree. so through word choice and labeling we take away so many paths in life that we are left with only one. by stating that drug use is bad, that drug use is good, that life is dull, and even including what i just stated, we rob our self of life. our words are our horses blinders.

Fair points. Communication can point to the dead ends that language leads us down, thus leading us to a state of being where words are a signpost rather than a destination.

auxiliaryoctopus Guest

Originally posted by birdman
    what i am trying to portray is not that reality does not exist. for as you clearly demonstrate, you are real, i am real. its the whole "i think there fore i am." but through the notion of "real events" i think we lead ourselves astray. by giving events a described value, we rob the event of its true worth, its actual sensation. we state that this is pain, this is happiness, this is real, and by doing so, only destroy the actual pain, the actual happiness, the actual reality. for example, take the notion of happiness. we state we are trying to achieve happiness. meaning, we are trying to get to this frame of mind, this point where we are happy. in doing so, we only end up doing the opposite, shrinking the ability to actually achieve happiness. we close the perspective that was once present to the self. imagine standing in an orchid of trees and only staring at one. around you are thousands of apples, but by creating the notion of happiness, of anything, you limit your self to the apples in only one tree. so through word choice and labeling we take away so many paths in life that we are left with only one. by stating that drug use is bad, that drug use is good, that life is dull, and even including what i just stated, we rob our self of life. our words are our horses blinders.
    Don’t talk damned nonsense.

If language is so bankrupt, why are you talking about this? Wouldn't Tuff Ghosts response be the most appropriate?

Anyway, and there are obviously real events. I typed that. You will (maybe) respond to it. Those are events. If we talk about them, how does that make them less real (as you seemed to be saying)?

How do you know describing an event's value robs it of its worth?

Aren't you describing the value of not describing value by saying that it shrinks the ability to achieve happiness? Aren't you ascribing a negative value to description?
    Aren't you saying there is value in lack of judgment, which is itself a judgment?

How is saying something like "I love you" robbing yourself of life? Or how about literature? Song lyrics? Actually, they seem to increase enjoyment of life.

Like it or not, everyone does and should evaluate events.

BTW, you use a lot of words for someone who thinks they are "horse blinders." If you are consistent, you won't respond.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast