Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Awesome news, really excited to hear this new album. Apparently I'm in the minority on here that loved Innocence Reaches. Listened to that one at least 100x.
    "Walking on water wasn't built in a day"- Kerouac

That is fucking awesome.

A warm nocturnal vibe

The single has really grown on me. Feels like he really nailed it this time. And the transition between the 2 parts is great. Probably my favorite lead single since Id Engager.

Quote Originally Posted by André View Post
    Music video now up on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwYiB4XPRiM
    i was GEEKED when i heard who the director was because they capture like "post punk new wave 1980 vhs" in an authentic way that nobody else can do, and while the concepts in the video were strong (i LOVED the mirrors and the weird stairs, it just felt so perfectly tongue in cheek roxy music european television spot) there weren't enough concepts present in the video to match the length of the song. there wasn't enough movement and the first few minutes is a little slow. it's amazing how much i love music videos and i love of montreal, but i don't love of montreal music videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias View Post
    i was GEEKED when i heard who the director was because they capture like "post punk new wave 1980 vhs" in an authentic way that nobody else can do, and while the concepts in the video were strong (i LOVED the mirrors and the weird stairs, it just felt so perfectly tongue in cheek roxy music european television spot) there weren't enough concepts present in the video to match the length of the song. there wasn't enough movement and the first few minutes is a little slow. it's amazing how much i love music videos and i love of montreal, but i don't love of montreal music videos.
    Pretty much agree with all of this. The body dysmorphia part was awesome though. Very Look Back in Anger/Boys Keep Swinging-esque.

Eh, I'm not really digging this too much, and I very much enjoyed Innocence Reaches. If the album is based off Kevin's recent experiences of simultaneously falling in love and realizing the insidious racist and oppressive nature of American reality shouldn't he be singing with some more conviction in his voice? These bored and detached vocals are not doing it for me for the third album in a row. Could you imagine how ruined the tracks would be if Kevin chronicled his falling in love with Nina with the kind of delivery of this song? Du Og Meg, Lysergic Bliss, So Begins Our Alabee, Your Magic Is Working, Rapture Rapes the Muses....

I listened to the of Montreal catalogue a few months ago and couldn’t believe how enjoyable it still is. Love these albums just as much or even more as when they first came out.

I made a playlist out of the more digital parts of Daughter of Cloud and thecontrollersphere, and added in a few obscure tracks. It’s like a lost Georgie Fruit-era album! In my interpretation of the lyrics it almost becomes a concept album about fame, glam, sex, and sadness. It might even be my favourite of Montreal album though I suppose I can’t officially call it an album of course...

I really like the tracklist because the opening and closing work really well and everything flows nicely in between. I’m going to post it for posterity (in case I ever lose my phone and need a copy of the tracklist) or anyone wants to try it out

1. Obviousatonicnuncio
    2. Sail, Hermaphroditic
    3. Steppin’ Out
    4. Hindlopp Stat
    5. Partizan Terminus
    6. Georgie’s Lament
    7. Jan Doesn’t Like It
    8. Make the Bus (feat. Janelle Monae)
    9. Domestic Drummer
    10. Triumph of Disintegration (PiP)
    11. Flunkt Sass Vs The Root Flume
    12. Holiday Call