Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Seems all preorders ship one week earlier so I went ahead and preordered the digital. But yeah, vinyl looks really good, but need to save all money for my imminent US trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Abel View Post
    I keep buying things because I want Kevin Barnes to keep making music, even if I don't like it all.
    If we don't buy White Is Relic he's going to have to take a job stocking shelves at the video store again. Could you imagine?

I'm surprised people aren't into the new stuff. I think Paranoiac Intervals/Body Dysmorphia is amazing, and Plateau Phase/No Careerism No Corruption took a second but grew on me way quicker than most of IR...

Quote Originally Posted by happy boy View Post
    If we don't buy White Is Relic he's going to have to take a job stocking shelves at the video store again. Could you imagine?
    I could go for an album about that

Quote Originally Posted by mahnuma View Post
    I'm surprised people aren't into the new stuff. I think Paranoiac Intervals/Body Dysmorphia is amazing, and Plateau Phase/No Careerism No Corruption took a second but grew on me way quicker than most of IR...
    People are never satisfied.

I feel like this record reminds me of the best parts of Innocence Reaches with the "kitchen sink chaos" and affected funk of Paralytic Stalks and that's exciting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias View Post
    I feel like this record reminds me of the best parts of Innocence Reaches with the "kitchen sink chaos" and affected funk of Paralytic Stalks and that's exciting to me.
    This record? Have you heard it all?

Quote Originally Posted by Elias View Post
    So like a Pitchfork score of 4.6+6.3/2 = 54.5 for this album? ;P

I won't be happy with his music until he makes a soundpiece album full of nothing but things he records walking around the earth, mixed with just sitting on pianos he comes across

Quote Originally Posted by lenn9o9n View Post
    I won't be happy with his music until he makes a soundpiece album full of nothing but things he records walking around the earth, mixed with just sitting on pianos he comes across
    Same.

Quote Originally Posted by happy boy View Post
    This record? Have you heard it all?
    I've not heard the entire thing. Obv the two singles and all the clips online from Instagram. Can't wait to hear it all! The suspense of knowing whether or not any elements of the False Priest (pretty sure it was then?) outtake "Your Pussy Is A Star" made it into the seemingly related track is killing me because that original studio clip was gold.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast