Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Rune Husk, attempt #2

Other thread is broken, so I'm trying to make a new one.

I like this EP a lot. First three songs, actually, sound Aureate Gloomish to me, maybe with some small touches of Innocence Reaches. I will be adding them to my imaginary Aureate Gloom sequel playlist. Fourth track is either Innocence Reaches or something new, but I love it.

Vinyl is up for preorder.
    https://ofmontreal.bandcamp.com/album/rune-husk

Edit: Okay, tracks 1 and 3 aren't that Aureate Gloomish.

Quote Originally Posted by Abel View Post
    Other thread is broken, so I'm trying to make a new one.

I like this EP a lot. First three songs, actually, sound Aureate Gloomish to me, maybe with some small touches of Innocence Reaches. I will be adding them to my imaginary Aureate Gloom sequel playlist. Fourth track is either Innocence Reaches or something new, but I love it.

Vinyl is up for preorder.
    https://ofmontreal.bandcamp.com/album/rune-husk

Edit: Okay, tracks 1 and 3 aren't that Aureate Gloomish.
    I'm not overly keen on his most recent turn of delivering vocals as though he's having a monotone conversation...like words falling from his mouth (widowsucking in partic) and not caring where they land. I miss the sparkle and shake.

Anyway, I'm not sold, but I only had one listen on a laptop

Quote Originally Posted by Harnky View Post
    I'm not overly keen on his most recent turn of delivering vocals as though he's having a monotone conversation...like words falling from his mouth (widowsucking in partic) and not caring where they land. I miss the sparkle and shake.
    "Island Life" is the same way, pretty much. Yeah, it's melodically boring, but the drone of it imparts its own feel. Different but not entirely bad, to me.

There is some deep, deep bass that I'm sure you're not hearing on a laptop. It's pretty unique from anything else he's done up to now.

I thought I was dreaming when I saw this last night! Know tracks 2&3 from that four track series a year or so ago, but certainly fleshed out now (and track 2 title changed from Pariah Conscience). I think I like the other two songs, will certainly listen more. A welcomed surprise!

Where is Middle Child, Kevin?

wow that logo's looking metal
    Is that you, my lord?

Yeah I feel like track 3 is a lot better than it used to be. I remembered the title but not the music, really.

This is not for me

Does anyone know more about this new record label? I'm pretty sure I read some interview of his last year where he mentioned wanting to switch to releasing stuff on a continual basis, but a quick, sloppy Google search isn't giving me anything definitive.

Quote Originally Posted by GronlandicEditor View Post
    Does anyone know more about this new record label? I'm pretty sure I read some interview of his last year where he mentioned wanting to switch to releasing stuff on a continual basis, but a quick, sloppy Google search isn't giving me anything definitive.
    he said on instagram it's a digital label so yea maybe there will be more eps. This is still getting a physical release though

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast