Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    South Orange County California
    Posts
    4,200

    Default "Present" the movie

    Hey, I know some of you already saw it and I just got it and watched it last night. What did you think? What did you like??? Any favorite parts or not so favorite parts???

    I specifically LOVED Cassie she is really really pretty. Dorthy was the most comfortable in front of the camera I believe.

    I guess if your concerned with posting/reading spoilers I would give a few **** before spilling anything.

    The only thing... I don't know if this was supposed to be one of those modern contemporary art films where there is no story or plot but I didn't really catch the message besides the quote in the DVD case. I enjoyed it really but... I guess some things flew over my head. Sorry for being so-low-brow.

    Anyone not see it but want to???
    I know damage is spelled damage but I got too creative trying to utilize dame in brain dame age.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abel View Post
    Hey BrainDamege, you're a good writer. Do you want to write news articles on my blog?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    South Orange County California
    Posts
    4,200

    Default

    OH I really like that there were only 3 characters I'm down for minimalist things like that.

    However, afterwards I immediately had to watch some of the selena concert... BAILA!!! Baila esta cumbia.
    I know damage is spelled damage but I got too creative trying to utilize dame in brain dame age.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abel View Post
    Hey BrainDamege, you're a good writer. Do you want to write news articles on my blog?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    837

    Default

    I thoroughly enjoyed this film! The opening scene was probably my favorite! I love how strange it seems when nesey's just walking down that road with everyone looking at him! Also when they're in the car and he starts talking about getting a haircut and he says jaymes earl jones!!! Hahah it cracked me up! I totally agree though brain that the plot seemed to not really go anywhere, but that's why I liked it. It was sort of like just watching a few days in the lives of these characters.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    South Orange County California
    Posts
    4,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nighsgrandmother View Post
    I totally agree though brain that the plot seemed to not really go anywhere, but that's why I liked it. It was sort of like just watching a few days in the lives of these characters.
    I liked that too it reminded me of chilling with my friends. I wonder how much of the movie was actually improved and what was written.

    I need to watch the out takes and listen to the comentary.

    I keept thinking something was going to happen romanically with daniel and cassie. but I was even like that with dorthy. I'm pretty immature with things like that, anytime there are attractive characters close in age I'm constantly thinking they're going to hook up even if they're relatives. **** or when daniel is watching cassie dance on her bed when he's looking up at her I was like... dang how do I get guys to look at me like THAT!? let go I guess, but then I'll be all focused and nothing matters then soooo...

    What was up with Daniel's performances?!?! I was giggling uncontrollably at some of those things!!! I wish I was there!!! but was he supposed to be doing like, performance art, comedy, or what??? I didn't get it. Or was it a metaphor for how he feels performing???
    Last edited by BrainDamege; 11-14-2013 at 01:16 PM. Reason: immature has 2 ms
    I know damage is spelled damage but I got too creative trying to utilize dame in brain dame age.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abel View Post
    Hey BrainDamege, you're a good writer. Do you want to write news articles on my blog?

  5. #5

    Default

    Nesey has explained that's just how he is in real life.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrainDamege View Post
    I liked that too it reminded me of chilling with my friends. I wonder how much of the movie was actually improved and what was written.

    I need to watch the out takes and listen to the comentary.

    I keept thinking something was going to happen romanically with daniel and cassie. but I was even like that with dorthy. I'm pretty immature with things like that, anytime there are attractive characters close in age I'm constantly thinking they're going to hook up even if they're relatives. **** or when daniel is watching cassie dance on her bed when he's looking up at her I was like... dang how do I get guys to look at me like THAT!? let go I guess, but then I'll be all focused and nothing matters then soooo...

    What was up with Daniel's performances?!?! I was giggling uncontrollably at some of those things!!! I wish I was there!!! but was he supposed to be doing like, performance art, comedy, or what??? I didn't get it. Or was it a metaphor for how he feels performing???
    definitely watch the commentary. it's pretty funny and weird, but nesey also talks about his inspiration/daniel's backstory and explains certain things, like the house show performance.

    also, i really enjoyed the movie.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    South Orange County California
    Posts
    4,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jared7 View Post
    definitely watch the commentary. it's pretty funny and weird, but nesey also talks about his inspiration/daniel's backstory and explains certain things, like the house show performance.
    this is good to know. thanks I'll HAVE to check it out.
    I know damage is spelled damage but I got too creative trying to utilize dame in brain dame age.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abel View Post
    Hey BrainDamege, you're a good writer. Do you want to write news articles on my blog?

  8. #8

    Default

    Of course I loved the film.

    Best part : 'Would you like some of my... STEEL WOOL ?!?'

    or when the emotional climax comes on. The movie made me cry personally, when Daniel and Dorothy discuss their mother's death. It made me very sad, and the ending didn't help much because after that scene it seemed like he was out of the movie thereafter.

    Still it was a great film, plucking my silly strings and making me move to its melody.

    I can say from experience Nesey is a little like he was in the movie, which I felt made it even better.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrainDamege View Post
    I was high when I was posting last night.

  9. #9

    Default

    I didn't think Nesey was anything in the movie what he was like in person, but he said he had been drinking when I met him.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrainDamege View Post
    I liked that too it reminded me of chilling with my friends.
    What was up with Daniel's performances?!?!?
    Same with me, it made me miss my friends! When I first saw the trailer to this movie I assumed Daniel would bacically be nesey performing his songs as Daniel. I was surprised that he was a comedian / performance artist!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-19-2007, 12:46 PM
  2. pre-"Cherry Peel" or "Cocqelicot" demo artwork?
    By thebootypatrol in forum of Montreal
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-15-2007, 02:35 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-22-2006, 09:53 AM
  4. I NEED "EXPLANATIONS II" "SINGLES & BEYOND" & "CUBIST CASTLE"
    By AirAlex85 in forum Olivia Tremor Control
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-25-2005, 05:12 PM
  5. Unreleased songs "Love you more than life" and "Sweet Marie"
    By Aiwa Chikara in forum Neutral Milk Hotel
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-14-2003, 07:14 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •