Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,238

    Default Why did Huggins leave oM?

    Anyone know?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    911

    Default

    There's been numerous threads and convos. about this on the oM board which I am too lazy to track down and link right now.

    But basically it's a myriad of complicated reasons and no one REALLY knows the answer.

    We've also deduced that Dour Percentage is about Jamey so you can analyze the lyrics to that if you want to hear Kevin's current feelings on the subject.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    3,454

    Default

    Initial reports indicated that he was just growing weary of constant touring. Shortly before he dropped out, he had been opening some oM shows (as "James Husband", which was his side gig) and that proved to be too much for him. It looks as though he is pursuing his gig full-time these days.
    Last edited by spiffy_kimbean; 03-10-2012 at 11:04 AM.

  4. #4

    Default

    James Husband was damn good live.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    3,454

    Default

    I just saw him again tonight. Solo....


    Han Solo. Even alone, he's still damn good live.

    Even if he forgets some of the chords to his own songs.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spiffy_kimbean View Post
    I just saw him again tonight. Solo....


    Han Solo. Even alone, he's still damn good live.

    Even if he forgets some of the chords to his own songs.
    I really want to see him live. And I never remember the chords to my songs either, so that's fine.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    3,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AceAzzameen View Post
    I really want to see him live. And I never remember the chords to my songs either, so that's fine.
    Yeah, it's kind of funny, actually.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Windsor, Ontario
    Posts
    115

    Default

    I've had a secret crush on mister Husnand since the first time I saw him speak in an interview. He's got a way of stealing just the right amount of spotlight without casting a shadow.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    180

    Default

    I think Kevin outdoes himself with each passing album - but it's been about 5 years since I was actually aware or cared of who was playing in the band. I don't care. I used to, when they seemed like a band, and during that era (SPITA), Jamey was an integral member of the live band. I can't see what the new drummer brings that he couldn't have managed himself - but clearly they had their issues.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harnky View Post
    I think Kevin outdoes himself with each passing album - but it's been about 5 years since I was actually aware or cared of who was playing in the band. I don't care. I used to, when they seemed like a band, and during that era (SPITA), Jamey was an integral member of the live band. I can't see what the new drummer brings that he couldn't have managed himself - but clearly they had their issues.
    Not sure if you've really done any sort of in-depth comparison, but Clayton is just a far superior drummer, technically. I don't know if drums are supposed to be Jamey's main instrument, but he didn't really always keep a steady beat, and he didn't do anything fancy. Not that fanciness makes the drummer, but I think Kevin is happy to have someone who has more grooves in his repertoire.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •