Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How is everyone Feeling about "Lost in the Pancakes" ???

I finally popped the new pipes you see pipes you don't cd and I had to jump on this forum right away because I want to see what everyone else is thinking. so far....

I am really digging the piano of course, all most like a carnival timbre hahaha "the piano sounds like a carnival" <--- just realized that. Is it the same piano used on the first cd you think???

I'm not thrilled with the way a lot of phrases resolve in "lost in the pancakes" specifically the intro. "wake myself to sleep" I like this one part but i'm not sure what part of the music it is.... the cadence??? its not the end end but it is at the end. Loving the resolutions on the higher notes you know.

I like the swing in "the train in the station" its very lazy. not sloppy though. nah not lazy, but I do feel like the phrases are on the back beat during the melody. right?

What pulled me on the forum was "days remain" I'm having serious flash bulb memorys from their 2011 holiday surprise. Did anyone feel like that too?

So someone please please talk about this music with me I don't know why they aren't supper popular and I cant just strike up a conversation about this band (or olivia tremor control or circulatory system) with my class mates/patients at work like you can about ... like... other music. but thats kinda how it is with a lot of classical music too. oh well.

I think I'll listen to this album in a few minutes!
    The Curiously Strong Peppermints (psychedelic-pop) - http://cspm.bandcamp.com
    Mine (psychedelic indie stoner prog) - https://mineminemine.bandcamp.com/

Quote Originally Posted by soniclovenoize View Post
    I think I'll listen to this album in a few minutes!
    As shall I!

Dream Together is a great song.
    The Curiously Strong Peppermints (psychedelic-pop) - http://cspm.bandcamp.com
    Mine (psychedelic indie stoner prog) - https://mineminemine.bandcamp.com/

I really enjoy the entire record...but the last 2 songs are what really make it special.

After listening I decided this is going on my Christmas list.

yes its very considerate. ha ha. simple.

I love The Last Anything!

Quote Originally Posted by soniclovenoize View Post
    Dream Together is a great song.
    Dream together is really hard. In the intro... I'm counting 4-4 but something in the beginning makes it challenging to keep count. around 3-4 with the bass line particularly. The cello really keeps it together there and its pretty all over the place in the beginning. its nice at the end with the flute and I believe there is the piano and another keyboard and the violin. good stuff right there.

but "train at the station" I'm counting 3-4 but I get the feeling its a compound meter, especially in the second part. I can tell the song has "two parts" but I haven't really got into score/song structure... but in the second part I really want to say it goes into cut time because he sings in 16th... one e and a two thre one two e and a ... but thinking more is there a time change??? BESIDES that I wanted to say about that part --- I would love to get a hold of that voice effect. that or a like... one that is on the other side of an old phone booth.

There would be a lot of ties on paper - "train in the station" and its got to be simple triple because it's a waltz, or has waltz like quality. but "dream together" was in my head earlier. <--I got on to post about that, but when I played the cd when I got the chance I realized "train in the station" is easy to waltz to therefore likely 3/4.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast