Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ldopa Guest

Default Julian Koster and Hypnotic Suggestion/Neuro Linguistic Programming

Hello out there. I know i already posted in the music tapes section but i wanted more opinions/ stories . Since the first time I saw Julian in a small setting (in nyc on the steps of the natural history museum) I was convinced he was performing some of the different techniques involved in neuro linguistic programming and hypnotic suggestion. Basically through the stories he tells and things he says he puts you in a light trance state and then through his language leaves certain suggested ideas and images in your head. That first show on the steps of the natural history museum he was telling all these beautiful yet nonsensical stories and doing all these strange demonstrations involving the audience (at that time i was very into watching Derren Brown videos on youtube so i recognized some of the procedures involved in NLP and hypnotic suggestion) after which he told us all to think of something from our childhood that held a special memory and to imagine that we actually WERE this object we had thought of. he asked a couple of people what it was and then one kid said a train. at this answer julian seemed to be really pleased and overjoyed as if in his head he was saying "yes!! it worked" he then pulled out a present that was prewrapped that on it contained the words "TO: TRAIN" . What he did was through hypnotic suggestion implant the idea of a train into this youngsters head exactly the way Derren Brown did in his youtube videos. After seeing him again last night in Manalapan im entirely convinced that he is absolutely using these techniques (for good) in his show. I think this is fucking incredible and ridiculously interesting and only makes me like Julian more. Did anyone else have the feeling of being hypnotized when julian was telling those strange stories on the caroling tour? Did u guys experience anything that would either support or refute the claims i have made here?

Follow IAmAnEngine On Twitter Add IAmAnEngine on Facebook

I envision a utopian society where everyone shuts their lips, does the Helen Keller and talks with their hips.

Those staples are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Those staples are awesome.
    I think so too!
    I envision a utopian society where everyone shuts their lips, does the Helen Keller and talks with their hips.

Just nod and smile, otherwise he'll tell you you don't UNDERSTAND the TRUE NATURE of what he's saying.

May I join?

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post

May I join?
    By all means!

Quote Originally Posted by IAmAnEngine View Post
    By all beans!
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Abel View Post
    Fixed.
    You win the thread

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast