Realistic fall tour wishlist
1. It's Different for Girls
2. Suffer For Fashion
3. Wraith Pinned to the Mist (and Other Games)
4. Gratuitous Abysses
5. Bassem Sabry
6. A Sentence of Sorts in Kongsvinger
7. Ambassador Bridge
8. For Our Elegant Caste
9. Chaos Arpeggiating
10. Trashed Exes
11. The Party's Crashing Us
12. She's a Rejecter
13. Heimdalsgate Like a Promethean Curse
14. Id Engager
15. Gronlandic Edit
16. The Past is a Grotesque Animal
FANTASY FALL TOUR WISHLIST
1. Gelid Ascent
2. Triumph of Disintegration (added electronics)
3. An Eluardian Instance (electro synths in place of horns)
4. Apollyon of Blue Room
5. A Sport and a Pasttime
6. Ambassador Bridge
7. Def Pacts
8. Chaos Arpeggiating
10. We Will Commit Wolf Murder
11. Ye, Renew the Plaintiff (ends at "How can I attempt to atone...")
12. Wintered Debts (ends at "Riding the anger 'til it stops" like the fall 2012 tour)
13. Virgillian Lots (synth outro extended into next song)
14. We Were Born the Mutants Again With Leafling
15. Nonpareil of Favor
16. Trashed Exes (turns into a giant looping freakout jam with the beats at the end)
17. Wicked Wisdom (medley; transition after "we are the champions...")
18. Gallery Piece (medley; transition after "... so it's easily pervertable.")
19. Women's Studies Victims (medley; transition after "... rawest Chinese stars.")
20. Our Riotous Defects (medley; complete song)
21. The Past is a Grotesque Animal
behind the venue after the show...
22. Georgie's Lament (played on a battery powered Yamaha keyboard purchased at Best Buy in 1997.)
You scare me sometimes.
Analyzing band setlists is kind of a pleasure. It's like solving a crossword to me.
And hey, all those transitions were already used by the band, I was just noting them. I like the idea of drafting songs/performances into the best show possible. Fantasy football for live music nerds.
I was thinking the other day how Let's relate would be a good first song for the encore and then go straight into Rejecter.
Your ultra-nerdiness is what makes me come back to this forum.
I knew that the transitions were things the band already did. That is the scariest part, to me. I wish you would come up with your own transitions.
Also please start capitalizing the "Is" in "The Past Is a Grotesque Animal." It's a verb.
To be clear, I appreciate your analysis and thoughts. I know that's not coming through right now.
Yeah, maybe copying the Skeletal Lamping encore is a little passe but, dammit, that was the best encore they ever did. I was so blown away because I thought those songs would never see live play ever again. Kevin told me straight up in 2009 that he stopped doing Gallery Piece because he couldn't remember the words and "didn't want to have to use a teleprompter like Michael Stipe."
I think y'all will like the setlist for this tour....gonna be a fun one!